Monday, June 15, 2009

"Big Boy" bike and dump truck crash


Yesterday we took the kids to the local high school parking lot to ride bikes. While there, we surprised Jackson with a "big boy" bike. He had been wanting a bike and we told him that he wouldn't have one until he was a "big boy" and used the potty. Since the last week he decided to be a "big boy" we kept our promise. He now rides a spiderman bike while wearing a spiderman helmet. He would ride it for a few minutes, stop and say, "Mom, did you give me a spiderman big boy bike?" I would say, "yes." Then he would say, "Thanks."

Once Jackson got his bike, he told Maddox that he could have his old baby bike and monkey helmet. We thought that was great...although Maddox still preferred pushing around the dump truck. I had the camera out and had just snapped a picture of Maddox pushing the truck when he flipped it on himself. So, of course, I had to quick take a picture of the crash scene before rescuing him. I am happy to report he immediately proceeded on his previous course like it never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment